The main goal of the Emerging Composite Technologies Division (ECTD) is to serve as a focal point for new developments in composites and provide an interactive forum to communicate technical information.
Areas of interest to ECTD may include:
- Nanotechnology - materials, mechanics, nano-reinforcements and composites
- New fibers, resins, product forms
- New technologies for damage tolerant composites
- Sensory technology for health monitoring
- Multifunctional materials - smart materials
- New sandwich materials - foams and honeycomb
- Advanced composites in wind energy
- Advanced composites in urban air mobility systems
- Cosponsored items - new test methods, new analysis techniques, and new processes.
- Solicit papers in the emerging areas of composite research and host special sessions.
- Evaluate the papers nominated by the session chairs of ECTD and recommend one or two papers for the ASC Best Paper Award.
- Host the annual division meeting during the ASC Technical Conference.
- Facilitate discussion regarding future session topics.
- Organize new sessions at the ASC technical conference.
- Facilitate collaborations between industry and academia through networking opportunities at special sessions and division meetings.
- If called upon, provide support to organizing committee of ASC technical meetings.
For suggestions and questions regarding the ECTD, please contact the division chair.
Chair: Prof. Samit Roy